Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
As a MedMinder patient, you have the right to:
There is no need to call and request refills on your regularly scheduled medications. If you need a refill on an “as needed” medication, please call the pharmacy 3 to 5 days in advance to request your refill. When you will be traveling and need medication earlier than usual, please call the pharmacy so that accommodations can be made for you to receive your medication when you need it.
You are responsible for payment of the co-pays, out of pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, and co-insurance) assigned by your insurance plan. There is no additional cost for regularly scheduled shipment and adherence packaging. We will assist with finding coupons or financial support programs if requested. If you request a rush shipment, you will be responsible for the additional shipping charge. We will charge your credit card or bank account on an agreed upon date. You also have the option to send a check or money order.
Should your insurance change and/or we become an “out of network” pharmacy, you will be notified and given the option to change pharmacies if you wish. If the choice is to change pharmacies, the new pharmacy must call MedMinder Pharmacy to request a transfer of prescriptions. If you wish to continue to use MedMinder Pharmacy, the cost charged for medication will be provided in writing to you. If there is a change in your insurance company, we will reach out to the new organization and get your new cardholder information. We will have the updated insurance information and will bill to the new plan.
According to pharmacy law, the generic equivalent of a brand name drug will be dispensed (substituted), unless the brand name is specified by the doctor. If your insurance company will not pay for a brand name drug, the pharmacy will help find a solution.
We will work with your doctor and insurance company to gain coverage or change the drug to an agreed upon alternative.
If a medication prescribed is not available, the pharmacy will first contact the doctor and request an alternative medication that is available. Next, we will call a local pharmacy that has the medication in stock and transfer the prescription there until the medication is available again.
Other suggestions on methods to obtain medications not available at our pharmacy are available on our website (medminder.pharmacy).
If your insurance plan has a “quantity limit” or benefit limitation on a prescribed medication, we will first consult with you and ask if the out of pocket price is acceptable. Should the price not be acceptable, the pharmacy will contact your physician for an alternative medication which is covered by the insurance plan. We may also recommend that the patient contact the insurance plan directly.
In case of an emergency, disaster or delay in medication delivery please call the pharmacy at 1-888-633-6463. Speak to a pharmacy technician or pharmacist to coordinate a plan for medication receipt. Examples of solutions possibilities are MedMinder Pharmacy calling a local pharmacy to fill all or a portion of medication needed, do an overnight shipment, or have the patient call 911. If the pharmacy is aware of a delay in advance, a pharmacy employee will call the patient/caregiver to give any information and an expected delivery date.
For information on your order status, or information on a delay in shipment/receipt please call MedMinder Pharmacy at 1-888-633-6463. The tracking number can also be given to you over the phone or email, if not already sent, so that you can track the package at any time, for your convenience. Tracking information is emailed if we have an email address on file for you.
If you have any questions or concerns about service, medication or suspected errors call MedMinder Pharmacy at 1-888-633-6463 and speak to a pharmacist. Our professional staff will assist you.
If you have a reaction to a medication, call your doctor to report first, then call MedMinder Pharmacy and speak to a pharmacist. We will note the reaction in your personal file.
Please contact us if your medication arrives warm and should be cold.
For more information about MedMinder Pharmacy and information on drug recalls, disposal of medication, and health and safety information please visit our website: medminder.pharmacy.
For information regarding evidence based health information and content for common conditions, diagnoses, and the treatment diagnostics and interventions, please see our website at medminder.pharmacy.
- Be given appropriate and professional pharmacy services without discrimination against your race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual preference, handicap or age.
- Speak with a pharmacist regarding any questions or concerns you may have about your medications.
- Speak with a pharmacist for emergency situations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Be fully informed of the pharmacy’s programs.
- Receive services from personnel who are qualified including a Registered Pharmacist, or Pharmacy Technician.
- Choose the pharmacy from which you receive services, change pharmacy providers at any time, and accept or decline any services offered (as allowed by law).
- Ask for help in finding and transferring the pharmacy services you need for your treatment.
- Receive the pharmacy services you need at the time you need them.
- Receive respectful and considerate treatment from all pharmacy staff.
- Be sure that your pharmacy services records will be kept confidential.
- Say “yes” or “no” to giving those records to any other person or agency and to have personal health information shared only in accordance with state and federal law.
- Ask for the identity and job title of the staff member you are speaking with and to speak with a supervisor if requested.
- Know how we handle complaints.
- Get full explanations of the total bill for the services and the products you have received.
As a MedMinder patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Give correct and complete information about your health, medications, allergies and other important medical information and notify the pharmacy of any changes.
- Give accurate clinical and contact information and to notify the pharmacy of changes in this information.
- Notify MedMinder of any problems, concerns or dissatisfaction with our services.
- Notify MedMinder of any changes that may need to be made prior to a scheduled delivery.
- Complete and return any required forms.
- Ask for more information about anything you do not understand.